List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with KonqCheckBox and KonqFrameStatusBar
From:       Doug Hanley <hanleyman () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2001-12-20 22:08:25

On Thursday 20 December 2001 08:47, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 20 December 2001 00:21, Doug Hanley wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else, but on my Konqueror build
> > (about a week old) the check box that shows if a view is linked or not
> > doesn't get repainted when a view is activated or deactivated.
>
> i.e. simply when switching views ? Strange.

Like if I were to split a frame in two and switch between the two halves

> > This results in the background for the checkbox being a different color
> > from the rest of the status bar.
>
> Can't reproduce this...
>
> Which version of Qt is this with ?

I have libqt 3.0.1-1 from debian, that might be why.

> I assume you don't have the tabbar patch applied, right ? ;)

Yeah, I tested it from the original kdebase, although it was a week old.
(btw i'm going to try and finish up the patch, I have vacation coming up in 2
days which should give me some time)

> > I was able to fix it by adding:
> > m_pLinkedViewCheckBox->repaint();
> > To the end of the function:
> > KonqFrameStatusBar::paintEvent(QPaintEvent* e)
> > in konq_frame.cc.
> >
> > I figured I wouldn't bother writing a patch for it since its only one
> > line.
>
> Doesn't sound necessary, in theory.

I agree, i'm guessing its my libqt then.

Does anyone else using debian experience this problem?

-- Doug Hanley