List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Old suggestion for a different trash can
From:       Manuel Arriaga <m.arriaga () ip ! pt>
Date:       2001-12-19 16:23:01

Hi everyone,

Only recently did I recall a post I once did to this mailing list about
basing KDE's trash can on libtrash
(http://www.m-arriaga.net/software/libtrash). Back then, Carsten  thought it
might be a good idea to include it with KDE 3, but I fear that it might be a
bit late for that now.
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=99749555022692&w=2).

Some possible advantages over the current (2.2) trash can:

- supports the archival of multiple "deleted" files with the same name;
- works with konsole (i.e., 'rm'ing files in konsole doesn't cause their
permanent loss);
- works with all non-KDE apps (both console and GUI-based);
- it can be extensively configured.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Manuel Arriaga