List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    cvs HEAD konqueror issues
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-12-16 10:48:47

Hi!
  Today I first started my fresh KDE3b1 installation. I was very curious
about konqueror progress so I tested it immediately. Its function was stable,
no crashes were encountered, although I've done my best to stress it to the
maximum :-). Congratulations, it's more stable than my current 2.2.2.
  However, there are still some problems persisting even from 2.0 times.
  1) The old mysterious bug with rendering animated gifs with transparent
background. Fixing it was refused for 2.x because of breaking BC. Would it be
possible to fix it for 3.0 ?
  2) Konq performance seems to be even slightly worse than in 2.x with some
sites, which are simply unbrowsable with konq. They interact with the user in
the time base of minutes on an Athlon/1G with 512M RAM. A typical example is
www.flashnews.cz. Of course, most sites work well, konq reacts  immediately and
browsing is a pleasure.
  3) A news ticker problem, also requested to fix for 2.x. There is a problem
with hiding a text and displaying only its part under js control. It's on
the above site (flashnews) and it's probably making it so sloooooow. I've
isolated it to the test case at http://sinux.sinus.cz/~patrol/tick2.html.
  4) Non-working js pop-up menus - like in www.hilton.com (the browser should
report itself as Netscape) or www.oskarmobil.cz (it's a regression from 2.2,
where it works. Point to some entry in the title page - a menu appears. When
You try to select an item, it disappears, which is wrong.

  I know that You have a lot of work, but some of these bugs are real
ever-greens...
                                     With regards, Pavel Troller