List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: (x)html validation icon
From:       Jos van den Oever <Jos.vandenOever () fenk ! wau ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-15 13:07:29

On Friday 14 December 2001 11:47, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Think about it: Do you really want to see messages like that on the
> statusbar for every stupid web page you load? Apart from the fact that
> you'd see so many you'd need an extra window with a scrollbar to display
> them all.

No, the idea is to have a simple, small icon on the toolbar, which displays a
status. The widget does have a list of errors and warnings sent to it by
khtml. These are displayed when clicked. This is a very non-obtrusive way of
giving information about a web-page. Also as I've explained before, I think
the implementation of the error messages should be a gradual process,
somewhat like adding debug messages. The messages needn't be a complete
parser, but could simply give information about where konqueror meets
troubles in a page. This will allow web-developer to quickly see why a page
does not render well in konqueror. In this way web-developers can adust pages
quickly to konqueror and the html standards.

Best regards,
Jos