List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kssl problem
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-12 2:24:13

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 20:54, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> Unfortunately applying George's patch only is half the equation.   You have
> to update kdelibs/kio/tcpslavebase.cpp to the latest code in the
> KDE_2_2_BRANCH in order for the patch George posted to work correctly.  If
> you just want the fixes that solve your problem, apply the patch attached
> below to kdelibs/kio/tcpslavebase.cpp.

  Oh I didn't realise that tcpslavebase wasn't patched for it either.  Ooops.

   Btw Waldo and I made some nice enhancements to kio_http in HEAD.  There
were some memory leaks (yes the fixes could be backported) in KSSL due to an
OpenSSL free() method not actually free'ing the data.  Also kio_http now does
persistent connections in SSL mode.  Hopefully the servers out there don't
mind.  It seems to work fine for me though.

  Also the lock icon seems to be broken again.  This could very well be my
fault, but I'm not sure yet.  I haven't looked into it.  Basically going to a
site like https://www.ibm.com works fine, but clicking on an https link makes
it think it's no longer in SSL mode for some reason.

--

George Staikos