List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror 2.2.2: slow operation
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 18:24:07

On Friday 30 November 2001 19:25, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a very strange problem with
> Konqueror file manager:
> I have a clean installation of SuSE 7.3.
> Yesterday I updated to KDE 2.2.2 by downloading
> all KDE-files from SuSE and installing it with YaST.
> Filenames are "kdebase-2.2.2-8.rpm" and so on.
>
> Now after installation of these files I have a very
> strange behavior of Konqueror file-manager:
> Going from one directory to another is very slow now!
> Going from /home/salewski down to /home/salewski/Text
> takes more than 4 seconds to display the files. Going
> back to /home/salewski takes again about 4 seconds.
> There is no difference if I use simple text-view or
> symbole-view.

Does the file dialog (in any other application than konqueror)
exhibit the same behaviour ?

> But this very slow behavior disappears after some time.
> After about one half hour suddenly all works very fast
> again, opening directories take place nearly at once.

Is that with Qt 2.3.2 ?
Is klipper running ? (the clipboard history icon in the systray)
Try closing it....

> Please send me a mail is you need more information.
> Here is the output of top, maybe it contains usefull
> information.

"ps aux" is nicer due to "kdeinit: blah" processes.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops