List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: problems submitting bugreports on redhat.bugzilla
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-11-28 11:00:28

On Wednesday 28 November 2001 10:14, JES wrote:
|   Hi,
|   After digging, I came to the conclusion that document.writeln() doesn't
| work. I almost can't believe it, because this is used on many pages isn't
| it ? I also tested it on KDE2.2.1, and also there it doesn't work (??) Or
| is it me ?

ok, let me clarify this.
1) document.writeln() *works* (since KDE 2.0 time, I believe)
2) window.open () works.
3) document.writeln()  into newly opened window - *doesn't work*
 (don't ask me why!...)

Please see attached testcase - it uses window.open, and content file is
correctly displayed in this newly opened window
(just make sure that you enabled window.open in Konq settings)
you should run open-new-win.html after saving both attahced files into the
same dir.
I don't know why RedHat uses window popups for bug reporting - it's pretty
well known that many people *disable* window.popups due to security reasons,
etc.
IMO RH should generate HTML (or pure XML) from database data, and then
window.open generated HTML. That's a way to go (or to use DOM:createElement,
but this wil not work in Netscape 4.7x)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)

["open-new-win.html" (text/html)]

<script language="JavaScript1.2">
var owin = window.open( "new-win-cont.html");
</script>

["new-win-cont.html" (text/html)]