List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Alternative for KHTMLPart::completeURL() ?
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2001-11-27 13:15:50

After my last recompile of KDE I got the following compile error for my
project:

----
epoint.cpp: In method `class QString EPoint::currentURL()':
/opt/kde3/include/khtml_part.h:939: `class KURL KHTMLPart::completeURL(const
QString &)' is private
epoint.cpp:267: within this context
----

This same code used to work for KDE 2.2 and until my latest build also with
CVS HEAD.

The function currentURL() is currently only used for debugging, so I can live
without it if I have to. But I would like it if I could still retrieve the
URL of the page that is in the active KHTMLPart. So the question is if there
is an alternative method that I can use instead? Or should I store a
requested URL myself in a string somewhere?

For the record, the offending method that the compiler complains about is not
particularly complex:

----
QString EPoint::currentURL()
{
    return m_browser->completeURL( m_browser->baseURL().url() ).url();
}
----

TIA,

Martijn