List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Pcre checkin
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-09 11:18:48

On Vendredi 9 Novembre 2001 04:25, Michael Bedy wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   I'm getting ready to check in the changes for using the PCRE native
> interface. It does not yet include any error checking, but the old code
> didn't do any either. What it does is allow full(?) compatability with the
> JavaScript regular expression standard. The old POSIX code still works if
> you don't have PCRE.

Great.

>    - Add better (i.e., any) error handling to the code.
Good idea ;)

>    - Change the configure stuff to bail unless the user EITHER has pcre
>      installed OR has specified --disable-pcre on the configure line.
Done (currently testing, will commit shortly).

>    - Actually learn JavaScript.
Nah, that's not needed to work on KJS ;-)
All the Javascript I know, I learned it from bug reports and looking at JS code ;)

>   If someone feels bored and knows how autoconf/automake work I would be
> MORE than happy to let them do the second item on that list.  I'm a long
> way from an autoconf guru.
Yeah, this is not worth you spending hours fighting with m4 ;)

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops