List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Regular expression library choices
From:       Michael Bedy <mjbedy () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-11-05 21:43:29

  Hi,

  The problem is that we need to follow the Javascript spec as far as the
format of regular expressions go. It looks like (from a cursory glance at
the web page) the BOOST library leans more towards the POSIX syntax.
Unfortunatly, that's exactly what I am trying to get rid of by moving to
pcre.

  So, the library we are using is dictated by the JavaScript standard -
which happens to use Perl format regular expressions. Pcre provides an
implementation of perl regular expressions.

  Thanks,
     - Mike

P.S. I've got it working, but I'm still trying to figure out error
handling. Getting there, though.