List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Please Review: CSS Media
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-29 18:41:42

On Monday 29 October 2001 19:24, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2001 09:35, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > - In KMail change the code such that the on-screen display of messages
> > honours a user's colour settings, but the print version has a hardcoded
> > white background colour.
>
> There's a problem with this - a non-white background may be
> important, especially if the text colour is itself white.

Eh... no... it is _NOT_ meant to overrule a web designer's layout! It is only
meant to overrule your own personal KDE colour preferences. In my case with
the QNiX lightblue scheme HTML pages that do not explicitly set a background
colour are a bit brownish. IMO that's perfectly readable and doesn't need to
be changed - except for print.

A color specified on the web page always overrules the user stylesheet unless
the user stylesheet uses !important and the site's sheet doesn't. And using
!important wasn't exactly what I meant...

Martijn

PS: Another app that would seriously benefit from leveraging Media support is
IMO KHelpCenter. For print it makes sense to restructure a bit and to make
e.g. the back/next links invisible ('visibility: none').