List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH adds PluginInterface to KonqPopupMenu
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-29 18:16:08

On Monday 29 October 2001 18:06, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY( libtestplugin,
>                             KGenericFactory<KTestPlugin> );

I used the gideon example of konqpart so I will change this one.
I'm struggling with the KXMLGUIClient right now but I'm finding my way
through it.
I will remove the get bits and move addActions and add* to private.
Now isInterested is not needed anymore
activatePopup is kindof needed. It looks cleaner but I can remove it and let
the work be done in the constructor.
Then the XMLGUI stuff will be done. There will be three way of doing this.
Either manipulate the menu directly with popup->insertItem( )... ( sometimes
needed ), to load a xml gui client or functions like the ones in
konq_popupmenu.cc for convience when mainpulating the xml gui by hand (
shouldn't be needed ) but the whole point of a plugin is to be dynamic (to
which degree?).
The XMLGUIFinished slot is necessary. It's where the base class come in
handy. If you do not want it just ignore it.
regards Holger

PS: Then there could be a dir in kdeaddons which shows all kind of popupmenus
for different apps