List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: CSS1 compliance/support
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-25 12:50:18

On Don, 25 Okt 2001, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> Questions are:
> 1) is Konqueror/KHTML CSS1 compliant?

No, and it will never be. As CSS2 is in some points CSS1-incompatible we
always follow CSS2 rules, which makes us fail CSS1 tests, but thats okay,
because no other important browser follows the CSS1 tracks either as far as
I know.

If you leave out the incompatibilities we're close to conformant, which
doesn't mean that we support full CSS1, it means that all we leave out is
optional anyway. I can't remember off-hand what parts we fail in CSS1
though, if you find out, let me know.

Dirk