List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTML HEAD && KDE 2.2 not supported anymore?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-25 10:23:00

On Mercredi 24 Octobre 2001 16:29, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2001 10:10, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 October 2001 15:52, George Staikos wrote:
> > >   Sorry about that but there are some rather important [I'd say critical]
> > > changes to SSL that need to be made for 3.0.  I guess they could be
> > > #ifdef'd around.....
> >
> > I don't know enough of KSSL to do so. I probably just broke the SSL code
> > hard here to get it compiling, but for testing @media I am not dependent on
> > SSL support. As soon as that code is in CVS I will be upgrading to HEAD
> > anyway. I have more worries regarding Konq/E and kdenox that AFAIK also use
> > Qt/e 2.x.
> >
> > I don't know if those still build properly now. But that's more a general
> > concern, as I don't use konq/e myself...
> >
> > For myself I only hope that my local changes don't interfere with cvs diff
> > so much that I cannot make a proper diff for @media. Let's assume for now
> > that I will be able to do so, I haven't cvs diff'd yet...
>
>   Ok well if you really need SSL #ifdef'd so that it works,  please send me a
> note again.  It shouldnt' be that hard to fix.  It touches a lot of places,
> but it's mostly just changing variables and metadata.

I don't think you should bother.
The upcoming KJS rewrite will make it totally impossible to have
khtml/ from HEAD and kjs/ from 2.2.x.
Although one could also grab kjs from HEAD... but 2.2.x is the stable
branch, HEAD isn't, so this might not be wise.

Martjin: I'm afraid you'll have to fork the code for your own project,
based on the last version of khtml that compiled with 2.2.x, since
it seems you can apply patches to that version as well as HEAD
without problems... for the rest of khtml, it's "deriving towards kdelibs
HEAD" at big speed now.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops