List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Printing from konqueror: extremely small fonts
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-10-21 18:02:11

Hi!
  Sorry for such stupid question but I was unable to find the solution
at any other place...
  When trying to print the contents of various web pages, I'm getting very
bad results: The geometry of the page is correct, but the text is rendered
with _really_ small fonts, so small, that on the preview they are totally
unreadable and on the paper (printed by LaserJet 6L) they are very hardly
readable, while the space reserved for the text on the page is almost empty.
  BTW, the page in the main konq window re-renders during the print with
the same unreadable font and after the print has finished, it renders again
with correct font.
  I'm using AA and TT fonts (from windoze), but I think it's irrelevant
for this case.
  Printing from other apps like kword is absolutely OK.
  My print subsystem (LPRng) is OK because the preview exactly matches
the printed page - the print process doesn't damage anything, even the page
size (A4) on the screen matches the real paper.
  Oh, I forgot to specify the release: KDE_2_2_BRANCH, latest CVS.

                                   With regards, Pavel Troller