List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug fixing co-ordination.
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-15 9:05:28

On Lundi 15 Octobre 2001 09:10, Michael Bedy wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   After an insane spring/summer that I'm still not sure I believe
> happened I think I have some time to devote to KDE again, at least in the
> short term. I am going to use it to fix khtml bugs if I can.

That's great, I was thinking about you yesterday, and wondering
whether you were still able to help ;-)

>   Is there any kind of co-ordination between people on bugs, or should I
> just add an "I'm looking at it" message to the bug report?

There's support in the bug system for "I'm looking at it" :
send a mail to control@bugs.kde.org with
todo NNNNN bedy.
Ah, you need to add "bedy" to bugs/TODOlist in CVS.

> Also, I assume
> if I can no longer reproduce the bug then it is kosher to just close it as
> "working in CVS." Is this correct?
Yes, definitely.

>   Anyway, hope I can be of some help again.

Since I remember that you helped with the regexp support, I have two
questions for you:
* someone suggests that libpcre should be made mandatory, to save people
from buggy websites due to bad regexp support. See #30681 for the discussion.
I am personnally fine with the current solution though (people who compile from
source see the message at the end of configure, and others rely on the packagers).

* I implemented support for case-insensitive regexps yesterday.
"global" seems to be implemented too (but out of RegExp, so maybe we can remove
the flag from there).
What's missing is support for "multiline". man regcomp gave me a headache,
so I didn't see how to implement it ;).

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops