List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Javascript Ticker - A Testcase
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-13 19:14:29

On Samedi 13 Octobre 2001 12:53, Pavel Troller wrote:
> Hi!
> > >   1) The text is placed all over the normal page contents instead of being
> > > rendered in the ticker window only.
> > This is irrelevant in the testcase, right ? There's only a page there.
> Now I'm sending another testcase. The text should appear only in the blue area.
> I think that the problem is that konqueror shows ALL the text, instead of making
> visible only the part in the ticker area.

Looks like a rendering bug -> not my area.
Apparently you don't want any word-wrap, whereas there is wrapping going on here.
Dirk, is <nobr> supported ?

> > >   2) The text is not scrolling.
> > This fixes it:
> Really, all the text moves on the screen now.
Well, at least it moves ;)
The javascript part of the bug is fixed.

> > >   3) Konqueror becomes very slow when this page is loaded. It's almost
> > > impossible to control it, even to close it.
> >
> > Well there's a lot of javascript code being executed....... with the above, does
> > it work reasonably for you ? I have lots of KJS debug output enabled so there's
> > no wonder it's slow for me ;)
> I have no debug output, compiled as a production system, running on Athlon/1G with
> 512 M of RAM and closing konqueror running this script takes about 8 seconds. Typing
> an URL is a real hell, characters appear in groups once about every 15 seconds.
> I am tolerant, I can do everything for my KDE, but other users may feel it
> inconvenient :-(.

I can type a URL rather fine, and it closes immediately for me (processor is
twice slower, RAM is half of that, and I have very verbose debug output....).
I don't know. Either this bug has been already fixed, or there is something else
going on (qclipboard comes to mind ;). Try breaking into the konq process with
gdb to see what it's doing - won't do much if you're using stripped libs and bins though.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops