List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Setting http-referer for drag&drop.
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-01 23:56:52

On Mardi 2 Octobre 2001 01:26, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 01 October 2001 02:36 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > Hmm, ok, let me rephrase & rethink that.
> > There are two kind of "users" of KURLDrag.
> > The apps that start a drag, and those that get a drop.
> > When starting a drag, 99% of the applications will NOT be able to set
> > a referrer (think of a URL in a mail, in a newsgroup, in a kword document,
> > etc. Those won't have a HTTP referrer to set, nor any other kind of
> > additional information about the URL). Ok, this simply means
> > KURLDrag::newDrag must allow to set or not to set the metadata.
>
> Yes.
>
> > But you're right that those that receive a drop should use any information
> > in the dragobject, to get the download right. That's where KURLDrag has
> > to provide the appropriate stuff, and it must be easy to pass it off to
> > KIO.
>
> Yes.

Hehe, "you do it", "no, you do it" ;-)
If I add metadata to KURLDrag (and its users), will you take care of the CopyJob case ? ;-)
Oh, and I'll need to take care of copy & paste too, as part of the KURLDrag stuff.
Ok, will do that tomorrow.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/