List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Setting http-referer for drag&drop.
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-01 13:45:04

On Lundi 1 Octobre 2001 14:48, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Montag, 1. Oktober 2001 14:30 Michael Ritzert wrote:
> > > KURLDrag could be changed to optionally transport the referrer.
> >
> > Actually, not only D&D is affected, but also
> > - right clicking the link (open in new window)
> > - using "save link as"
> > i.e. virtually everything but left clicking the link.
>
> Extending URLArgs should fix this, I guess (and konqueror making use of this
> of course).

Excellent idea. In fact, URLArgs already has this:
  /**
   * Meta-data to associate with the next KIO operation
   * @see KIO::TransferJob etc.
   */
  QMap<QString, QString> &metaData();

All you need to do, is to set the referrer into the args, it will get used.

But this doesn't fix DnD nor "save as" (copyJob doesn't care about urlargs).
For DnD: what about a similar QMap (metadata) in a drag object (not necessarily
KURLDrag itself... most app don't care about metadata, do they ?).
This would be more generic than just a referrer field.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/