List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Setting http-referer for drag&drop.
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-01 12:35:25

On Monday 01 October 2001 14:18, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Montag, 1. Oktober 2001 00:16 Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > BR31341 (http://bugs.kde.org/db/31/31341.html) is an interesting
> > bugreport. The reason the drag&drop doesn't work, seems to be that the
> > actual download is handled by kdesktop who gets the url when it accepts
> > the drop. However, in order to download the image successfully the
> > referrer should be set accordingly (I assume) and kdesktop has no way of
> > doing this, since it does not have this information.
>
> KURLDrag could be changed to optionally transport the referrer.

While on the 'referrer' subject: how difficult is it to make a forced reload
(F5 in Konq) send the same referrer that was used for originally fetching the
URL?

There are too many crappy sites out there that do a referrer check and
redirect you if the referrer is not in their own domain. Result is that an
aborted page (or download) can never be retried with F5, unless the cache is
disabled altogether. I don't think that was the intention of the reload
function :-)

Martijn