List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Setting http-referer for drag&drop.
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 23:40:25

On Sunday 30 September 2001 18:16, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> BR31341 (http://bugs.kde.org/db/31/31341.html) is an interesting bugreport.
> The reason the drag&drop doesn't work, seems to be that the actual download
> is handled by kdesktop who gets the url when it accepts the drop. However,
> in order to download the image successfully the referrer should be set
> accordingly (I assume) and kdesktop has no way of doing this, since it does
> not have this information.

Hi,

Hence was the beginning of the workaround that was somehow removed from
the HEAD branch when a certain someone was doing some good cleanup work :)
The intent was to append the request URL as the referrer whenever one was missing
and SendUserAgent was not set to false.  Anyways, this is not the right solution and
might fail in some circumstances, but it is probably better solution until we come up
with something permanent...

BTW, regarding the patch that works around sites that return the data instead of
the proper HTTP header, why did you restrict the workaround to html/xml data only ?
The readBody method uses KMimeType to identify the resource and send the proper
mime-type.  Failing that it simply defaults to text/html...

Regards,
Dawit A.