List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Parsing of non-ascii URLs in khtml.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 6:56:27

Hiya,

There are pages out there that have URLs with non-ascii characters in them.
For an example see http://bugs.kde.org/db/32/32917.html

I did a fix to make sure that non-ascii characters will get escaped with
'%XX' in a query but for this to work correctly, khtml must pass a correct
encoding hint when it creates the URL. The encoding hint should be the MIB
number of the encoding of the originating page.

Most URLs seem to be primarily processed via
xml/dom_docimpl.h:    QString completeURL(const QString& url) { return
KURL(baseURL(),url).url(); };

The KURL constructor there should be provided with an extra encoding_hint.

I don't think converting a KURL to a QString and back to KURL is helping here
btw. It would make more sense IMO if completeURL returned a KURL instead of a
QString.

Cheers,
Waldo
--