List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Linux browser wars
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-26 8:34:44

On Mercredi 26 Septembre 2001 12:54, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> Konq was starting in around 3sec. in KDE 2.1 and KDE 2.2beta, while in KDE
> 2.2final startup time increased to more than 6 sec.

Yes, _from_ KDE.

I'm guessing the guy simply typed "konqueror" from a non-KDE environment,
so the 30 seconds come from kdeinit, klauncher, etc. etc. which have to be run
before konqueror can run.

(And of course if Konqueror is already running, the konqueror button starts a
new
window even faster - make sure you're not testing that case, so close any
konqueror window first ;)

David.