List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Pointer to reference to QChar? (Was: Re: CSSMediaRule::insertRule)
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-25 13:59:48

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 15:37, David Faure wrote:
> Without knowing the code much, this looks very much like any parser
> you'd write: there is a pointer to the current char being parsed,
> and this pointer has to be passed by reference so that it gets updated
> in the caller !
> So the "workaround" is correct, assuming you have a single thing to parse
> and that parseRule will do it all.

Ooooooh... I never expected that the code would actually change the curP
argument, since it is const.

And here my C++ knowledge is a bit faint, probably...

I expected 'const QChar * &' to be a non-const pointer to a reference to a
const QChar. In that case the reference would be pointless as it would be
referencing const data. But I probably was wrong there...

Anyway, I can now assume my workaround is sane and continue with my other
problems. I hope to have a patch ready for review before I return home today.

Martijn