List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    khtml and compilation
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-24 18:33:29

Hi,

I'm wondering how to proceed. currently khtml is the only part that does not
compile with -DQT_NO_COMPAT in kdelibs. there are a few possibilities:

a) adding ifdefs all over the place. out of question I hope.

b) adding -UQT_NO_COMPAT to the flags for khtml's directories. dunno
   how portable that is. is it ?

c) change it to be compliant to Qt3's NO_COMPAT and provide a configure
   check for Qt2 builds that adds -DQPtrList=QList etc like I did with
   kdenox. works pretty well.

d) screw it and require Qt3/kdelibs HEAD.

opinions?

Dirk