On Monday 24 September 2001 10:48, Martijn Klingens wrote: > On Sunday 23 September 2001 14:10, Lars Knoll wrote: > > Hope the above helps you here. > > Certainly. Will look into this. Are you available for any questions I might > have or is the list preferred for that? I'm reading this list (even though not answering too much currently), so just post them here. > > It doesn't break binary compatibitly, as the *Impl classes (and the > > CSSStyleSelector) are the only placesyou should neeed to change the API, > > and tehse ones are internal to khtml. But still I don't want these > > features to come into the 2.2 branch. It's amajor feature change and > > chances are very high it'll break something at the beginning. Correctly > > parsing style sheets is a rather tricky thing. > > Hmm... that's true. Is it possible to run HEAD khtml with 2.2 KDE ? IIRC > there are #ifdefs in khtml to allow this but I am not sure. As far as I know it's possible. > > You have to, as the license says. LGPL means that your company needs to > > open source all changes you made to khtml (for whatever reason you did > > so). Only things that are in a different library or in the app itself can > > be kept close. > > Heh, you misunderstood me here :-) > I know what LGPL means for licensing. What I meant was that it would be > perfectly possible (and legal) for our app to write special proprietary > printing code at the application level instead of changing KHTML. Our app > is a bit special and does not _require_ the changes to be in khtml. It's my > personal preference to give parts of my work back to the community so > everyone can benefit from it. > > And I am lucky that my boss gives me a decent bit of freedom to do so. Not > unlimited freedom, though. In the end your boss is profiting a lot from hard work a few people put into this engine. The minimum to honour this is to give something back to the community IMO. > Anyway, I'll look into the DOM specs once I've dug through my remaining > mail. Have fun :) Lars