List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: document.body.clientWidth - undefined (and clientHeight - too); document.cookie: empty
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-09-21 18:35:30

On Friday 21 September 2001 15:04, David Faure wrote:
|   > document.body.clientWidth - undefined
|
|   Hrm, not really. Your test is partially screwed up, you simply test for
|   if ( document.body.clientWidth )
|   which mixes the undefined case and the 0 case.

Hmm...
May be, you have some thoughts about this:

On Thursday 26 July 2001 13:33, Vadim Plessky wrote:
----------
 document.body.clientWidth - defined, suggestion: you use MS IE
  * d.body.clientWidth: 518
  * d.body.clientHeight: 0
----------
So, clientHeight was 0 in July, and this test was showing it.
May be, there were some changes comitted to .toString, .toBoolean methods?
IIRC some of my tests were failing in 2000 when those methods had incomplete
implementation.

|   As a matter of fact, I have checked, and clientWidth is _defined_. But
| its value is 0.
|
|    rend=0x84b25b8  rend->contentWidth()=0
|
|   Ok, so this becomes a rendering issue, not a javascript binding issue ->
| not for me ;)

If clientWidth calculated one string above, may be you can add similar line
to clientHeight, changing X to Y?  :-)
// I know I should look at sources first. May be I will find some time next
week.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)