List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Adding regular expression search to Konqueror
From:       blackie () blackie ! dk (Jesper K !  Pedersen)
Date:       2001-09-19 18:34:25

Hi.
In the last 1 1/2 year I've developed a graphical widget for configuring
Regular Expression. This widget is now close to complete, and I would very
much like large part of KDE to use it. To obtain this goal, I'm willing to
do all the integration myself.

I therefore ask for your permission to add regular expression search to the
find dialog of Konqueror. (That is Edit->find ).

For more information about the widget see
http://www.blackie.dk/KDE/KRegExpEditor/

A demo is available in kdeutils/regexptest, but it does currently not work,
due to a bug in Qt3's QFontMetrics. (I'm working on a work around, so I hope it will
work after a checkin later tonight)

Kind Regards
Jesper.