List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: FTP and MAILTO I/O slaves slightly broken?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-18 22:50:00

> If I try to get("hello:http"), it works fine redirecting to
> http://www.gatech.edu
>
> If I try to get("hello:ftp"), I still get an error: "Cannot find /".
> However, the URI in the location bar after the redirect()
> call is correct and will work if you select it and hit the return key.

get() means "get me a file". Not a directory, a file.
If you redirect a get to ftp://ftp.gatech.edu/, which is a directory,
how is that supposed to work ?
Try redirecting to a FILE over ftp, it will work.

> If I try to get("hello:mailto"), I still get an error:
> KLauncher said: Error loading 'kmailservice %u'.
> However, the URI in the location bar after the redirect()
> call is correct and will work if you select it and hit the return key.

Same here. This isn't just about "hey, launch this URL". get() means,
get me _DATA_.

> It seems that the FTP and MAILTO I/O slaves are broken.
They are not - at least not in this respect ;)

David.