List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: using qcom interfaces wit parts (was Re: Plugins for non-major Parts)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-13 22:13:31

On Thursday 13 September 2001 01:33 pm, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Put another way, the problem is that while Plugins are intended to be an
> after-the-fact third-party way of interacting with existing Parts, the
> current reality is that only the *major* Parts like KHTMLPart and
> KonqDirPart allow this.  That is because BY DEFAULT, we don't give any way
> for Plugins to discover the interface of the Part.  The header files aren't
> installed and while the Parts are in shared libs, they aren't accessible
> for linking.

But isn't "kpart/part.h" or e.g. "ktexteditor.h" the interface of the part?

You don't necasserily need to link against any library to make a plugin that
uses these interfaces. In that case your plugin will have undefined symbols
who will be resolved against the part when the plugin gets loaded.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him
that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill