List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Feature request: need to know about kio slave calls
From:       Wolfgang =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <muellerw () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-09-11 7:49:58

Hi,
I am part of the Fer-de-Lance project, which tries to provide intelligent
searching services for the desktop.

Lately, Karl Günther Wünsch suggested in this list to do something like an
"intelligent history": providing a search functions for sites you HAVE
VISITED ALREADY. We also would like to provide indexing of the home
directories etc. . The searching will be based on the GIFT framework,
probably also using the ht://dig search engine.

To provide such functionality it would be good not only to know which pages
have been viewed using konqueror, but also to track movments of files (we do
not want to reindex the home every 10 minutes just to find out file
movements).

So, basically I would like to incorporate into kde/konqueror some plugin
structure which permits plugging software into the konqueror that tracks
certain signals within the konqueror. Mostly I would be interested in kalls
to kioslaves.

Do you think this would be possible? What architecture would you suggest?
What would be required from me to make it happen till kde 3.0?

Cheers,
Wolfgang