List:       kexi
Subject:    Re: Basic Questions
From:       Swarup <dinbandhu () sprynet ! com>
Date:       2020-07-30 19:43:48

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAOj7QQ2dwuU7FGof5e6Rq8tpnHBe=UzeK7E-AKi-np7rFw__Ng@mail.gmail.com">
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small"><br>
            17:38, Swarup &lt;<a href="mailto:dinbandhu@sprynet.com"
              moz-do-not-send="true">dinbandhu@sprynet.com</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
            0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
            rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              1. I am using Kexi Version 3.1.0  in Ubuntu 19.04. <br>
              2. I have very basic needs, such as the need to be able to
              add another column without erasing all my data, and the
              need to increase the number of characters allowed in a
              cell, without that change erasing all my data. As I
              understand, these things cannot be done in Version 3.1.0.<br>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">Hello.
            Right. First step is to upgrade to 3.2. </div>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small"><br>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">This
            topic can be studied here <a
              href="https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=221&amp;t=132264"
              style="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"
              moz-do-not-send="true">https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=221&amp;t=132264</a></div>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small"><br>
            0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
            rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              3. Is there a very easy, user friendly way to update to
              the latest version of Kexi?<br>
              style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">Always
              three ways as follows, whatever suits best:</div>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">1.
            Request an easy way from your distributor </div>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">2.
            Change the distributor</div>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">3.
            Install a Flatpak snapshot <a
              href="https://community.kde.org/Kexi/Snapshots"
              moz-do-not-send="true">https://community.kde.org/Kexi/Snapshots</a></div>
    There is no point in me upgrading to the laterst version, if that
    version doesn't have the feature of allowing me to add columns or
    increase the number of allowed characters in a cell without erasing
    the data.<br>
cite="mid:CAOj7QQ2dwuU7FGof5e6Rq8tpnHBe=UzeK7E-AKi-np7rFw__Ng@mail.gmail.com">
            0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
            rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              4. Otherwise, I would like to export my data from Kexi and
              migrate over to MS Access. I have been using Kexi for
              many, many years-- but these basic limitations have made
              my work impossible.</div>
              style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">I
              am sorry about that. The forum thread explains a bit the
              fact that these features mean larger endeavours so we need
              more contributors on board.</div>
            0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
            rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              5. I do not see any option in Kexi to export my data to
              say csv. This is an import option, but I do not see an
              export option. Where is the option to export my data?<br>
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">Users
            can export each table by right-clicking and exporting to a
            file. </div>
    This does not work. Any time I right click and select to export to a
    file, kexi crashes and shuts down. I have seen this same problem
    reported by several other users in the Ubuntu forums.<br>
cite="mid:CAOj7QQ2dwuU7FGof5e6Rq8tpnHBe=UzeK7E-AKi-np7rFw__Ng@mail.gmail.com">
            style="font-family:monospace,monospace;font-size:small">Because
            these are SQLite tables, users can also run apps like
            sqlitebrowser to export all tables in one go
            (File-&gt;Export-&gt;CSV).</div>
    I am not a techy to start learning how to use apps like
    sqlitebrowser.<br>
    I need to get my data out of kexi, and from what I am hearing from
    you thus far it sounds, unfortunately, like my data is trapped in
    kexi and unable to get out. Please provide me a simple solution that
    works to export my data from Kexi. This is urgently needed.<br>
    Thank you,<br>
    Swarup<br>