List:       kexi
Subject:    Re: [Kexi] How can I print a given record from within a form?
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-07-12 15:31:03

Michael Stoma said the following, On 2007-07-12 16:24:

 > How can I print a given record from within a form? I am trying to make a
 > database for a little hospital in Africa, and the doctors have to be
 > able to print reports on patients and test results.  This effort is part
 > of some projects we run in the third world. We feel strongly that
 > GNU/Linux is the right way forewords for the third world. That way we do
 > not force them into piracy o computer illiteracy due to not being able
 > to afford propriety software.

Dear Michael,
Next time please start new threads and topics for separate questions, OK?

Curently it is not possible to refer to the "current" record when invoking
"printout" function. It is good idea to add this request as a wish to
bugs.kde.org.

You can create a parametrized query but this will require you to enter the
parameter value, e.g. record ID.

To assign printout function to a button, right-click on it and select "Assign
Action", then in Action categories list, select "Table" or "Query", select
desired object (table/query) to print, then select Print (or Print Preview)
action and click OK.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek