List:       kexi
Subject:    Re: [Kexi] Kexi 1.1.1 released
From:       Martin Ellis <martin.ellis () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2007-02-12 20:04:35

On Monday 12 February 2007 14:32, Jan Gromadzki wrote:
> AmbroJay <Ambrose@kexiray.com> wrote:
> > I have just got up and running on Kubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake and have
> > installed Kexi and the Keximdb plugin to import my Access data.  I seem
> > to have version 1.0rcl in Koffice 1.5.0 and KDE 3.5.5.  Does anyone know
> > if I can upgrade to the latest version in Kubuntu using the Adept package
> > manager yet?
>
> Koffice 1.6.1 (and the Kexi 1.1.1 the same) should be available with KDE
> 3.5.6 - the newest one.

No, KOffice is released separated from KDE.

I can't see any KOffice 1.6.1 packages for Dapper,
just those for edgy (6.10):
http://kubuntu.org/announcements/koffice-161.php

It's rather hard to build KOffice on Dapper, since Krita 1.6.x depends on
a more recent version of some graphics library (liblcms) than the one
provided with Dapper.

If you could live without Krita, it might be possible to build packages...

Martin