List:       kexi
Subject:    [Kexi] combo box / selector
From:       broock54 () gmx ! de (Karsten Schwager)
Date:       2006-02-22 12:41:14

Hallo,

for my database (see my last email) I need a kind of combined selectors.

My objects comes from all over the world. For identifying them, every is
described by country, place, institution (like museum or collection) etc.
where it is by today. My idea is using a kind of combining combo fields.

In my main table i created the fields country, place, institution etc. Then
I created a second table that should have the lists. So it has an index
and the fields country, place, institution etce.

In my main form I created combo fields for country, place, institution etc.
The lists come from the entries of the second table.

In the moment all entries are shown in the lists of my combo fields. But my
idea was, if I select par exemple Italie in the country combo field, then
in the place combo field only the place those are in Italie should be
shown. And then if I select a place par exemple Rome, only the
institutions in Rome should be shown in the institution combo field (like
Museo Vaticano or Museo Capitolino).

I played a little bit with the combo field properties but I didn't succeed.
I'm afraid that I could find the solution only with luck, but I can't
depend on it.

I hope that it's possible in knoda

Regards,

Karsten

--
'Never say die, master. That's our motto, eh?'
I CAN'T SAY IT'S EVER REALLY BEEN MINE.