List:       kernel-janitors
Subject:    Re: getting rid of "fs_initcall" from drivers/ code
From:       Matthew Wilcox <matthew () wil ! cx>
Date:       2008-08-06 13:54:04

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:51:53PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> ah ... so after being condescending and snotty to me in your previous
> posting here when i suggested that some cleanup could be done, you've
> responded to my followup post and admitted that ... some cleanup could
> be done.

If you intended to communicate "some cleanup could be done", you failed
massively.  What I received was "I'm going to tell those idiotic driver
writers how they should write their code".

Robert, do you ever intend to move away from these "How things SHOULD be
done" patches?  Do you ever intend to fix a bug or implement a new
feature?

a retrograde step."