List:       kernel-janitors
Subject:    [KJ] Re: kernel-2.6.9: make sock_init() notice errors
From:       walter harms <wharms () bfs ! de>
Date:       2004-12-15 17:27:08

Hi domen, hi list,

its true that the user can not do much about missing memmory but he
should know WHAT error occured.
NTL not checking returncodes is an error.
Continuing when one earlier function did not work is also an error and
may cause problems in unexspected places.
Since this is an init code its no performance consideration to be made.

re,
walter