List:       kerberos
Subject:    Re: support for encryption type
From:       Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2013-10-03 2:09:15

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, maxwellsuper@sohu.com wrote:

> Hi, Kerberos&nbsp;Experts:
> &nbsp;
> I met a problem, while I am using Network ID Manager, it alwasys return a prompt as:
> &nbsp;
> "kdc has no support for encryption type",&nbsp;does&nbsp;who&nbsp;how to fix it?
> &nbsp;
> And, I am on Windows 8 system.

That's interesting, I would not have expected Network ID Manager to work
at all on Windows 8.  Have you considered moving to the newer KfW 4.0
series?

Under what conditions do you see the "no support for encryption type"
message?  At program startup?  When trying to get new tickets?

What software is the KDC in your realm/domain running?

-Ben Kaduk