List:       kerberos
Subject:    Issues on Windows Server 2003 R2
From:       Murray Trainer <mtrainer () central-data ! net>
Date:       2011-04-18 13:27:31

Hi,

I have installed 32-bit Kerberos 3.2.2 from Secure Endpoints and 32-bit OpenAFS \
1.5.78.  Each user runs commands like below when they login to Windows.

set krb_user=murray
set KRB5CCNAME=FILE:c:\users\krb5cc_%krb_user%
set KRB5_KTNAME=\users\%krb_user%.keytab
kinit -5 -r 7d -k -t C:\users\%krb_user%.keytab %krb_user%@MYDOMAIN.NET
aklog -d -c MYDOMAIN -k MYDOMAIN
net use x: \\afs\mydomain\users\%afs_uid%\MyShares

This works fine up to about 35-40 Windows users, then the aklog starts to fail and \
the Kerberos kinit starts failing getting tickets.  The server pretty much grinds to \
a halt despite low CPU and memory usage.  Either rebooting the server or killing all \
the krbcc32s.exe processes and restarting the OpenAFS client service fixes the issue. \
I am not sure if the AFS client service or the kerberos processes are the cause of \
the problem.  Any suggestions to help fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Murray