List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    [Keepalived-devel] Buffer overrun in vrrp_vmac code
From:       "Ryan O'Hara" <rohara () redhat ! com>
Date:       2014-01-15 20:59:27

While trying to track down a potential buffer overrun problem in
vrrp_vmac.c, I begin studying some of the rtnetlink code. There are a
few places where rta_len is set that seem wrong and possibly
unnecessary. For example:

linkinfo->rta_len = (void *)NLMSG_TAIL(&req.n) - (void *)linkinfo;

First, this pointer arithmetic seems strange. After looking at
addattr_l code in vrrp_netlink.c, it seems rta_len is being set there
which causes me to wonder why rta_len is modified as show above. I'm
happy to patch this but I'd appreciate feedback.

Ryan