List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] [help]
From:       Paul Robert Marino <prmarino1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-24 0:01:12

try running snort or an other NIDS sniffer it sounds like your box is
being attacked.
The attack may be deliberate or it could be a misconfiguration and or
poorly written app some where inside or outside your network.
Oh and the new wave of maul ware is a friendlier Trojan that uses your
box to participate in a distributed denial of service attack that
don't seem like an attack.
I've actually found in the wild this past year a modified ad ware app
that recursively  queried  meta data from every file on any windows
share mapped by the workstation in a infinite loop. Microsoft analyzed
it and told us "The operations were normal but the way the workstation
was doing it was not". In other words it wouldn't set off any red
flags for any one familiar with CIFS traffic unless they were familiar
with the normal frequency of the operation, and as far as we could
tell it had been on the workstation for years.