List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] =?utf-8?q?VMAC_support_possible_using_bridge_o?=
From:       KKR <kirankumar213 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-02 12:34:39

Jonas Johansson <jonasj76 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The VMAC patch uses the macvlan driver which I think was first
> introduced in the 2.6.23 kernel.
> So it seems that one must have this kernel or later to get all working.
>
> Regards
>  /Jonas

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for above information.

Can you please share keepalived.conf configurations and simple topology without
IPVS for vmac.
I am getting below message when I compile for vmac. How to compile keepalived
for vmac enabling ?

=======================********=================================
config.status: creating keepalived/libipvs-2.6/Makefile
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-vrrp_vmac

Keepalived configuration
------------------------
Keepalived version       : 1.2.7
Compiler                 : gcc
Compiler flags           : -g -O2
Extra Lib                : -lpopt -lssl -lcrypto
Use IPVS Framework       : Yes
IPVS sync daemon support : Yes
IPVS use libnl           : No
Use VRRP Framework       : Yes
Use VRRP VMAC            : No
SNMP support             : No
Use Debug flags          : Yes

    MACVLAN_MODE_PRIVATE is available from 2.6.33 version onwards. Let me know
how vmac is handling before 2.6.33?
 /*In private mode, macvlan will receive frames with same MAC addr
  * as configured on the interface.  */
  addattr32(&req.n, sizeof(req), IFLA_MACVLAN_MODE,
                  MACVLAN_MODE_PRIVATE);

Thanks for the time...
KK