List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] Number of connections & duration of a
From:       Paul Hirose <pthirose () ucdavis ! edu>
Date:       2010-09-17 7:25:40

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Jay Faulkner <jay.faulkner@mailtrust.com> wrote:
> [...]

I don't think there's a way to do that from within keepalived.

I ended up just editing my /etc/init.d/keepalived script.  I just added a \
/sbin/ipvsadm --set 86400 0 0 to it (see below.)

Does anyone know what the maximum tcp session time is?

Note, it's really idle time, not maximum total time of the connection.  Because if I \
do a ipvsadm -l -c it used to say 15:00 (the default was 15min.)  Then after it \
counts down for a bit, some traffic passing through it, reset the timer to 15min.  \
But we easily have folks who leave connections open overnight, or across weekends.  \
So I may have to increase it to about 3 days, and I didn't want to hit some unknown \
limit to this value.

start() {
    echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
    /sbin/ipvsadm --set 86400 0 0
    daemon /opt/keepalived/sbin/keepalived ${KEEPALIVED_OPTIONS}
    RETVAL=$?
    echo
    [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/$prog

I keep my keepalived in /opt/keepalived rather than the usual /usr/local/.  But the \
above is a typical init.d script, and similar to what is provided in the keepalived \
tarball.

Thank you,
PH

==