List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] Removing host and open connections...
From:       Vincent Bernat <bernat () luffy ! cx>
Date:       2009-06-23 17:54:09

OoO Pendant  le repas du mardi  23 juin 2009, vers  19:06, Todd Fleisher
<todd@fleish.org> disait  :

> So, what's the behavior if you don't use this option? Do established
> connections just get aborted? I've never tested this nor have I used
> this option in any of my LVS configurations.

LVS  only schedule  new  connections. Established  connections are  left
untouched. For example, if the SMTP  daemon is just down, you will get a
RST packet  from the host. If  the host is  unresponsive, the connection
will just  hang. If the SMTP  daemon still works despite  failing at the
check  (for example  by  refusing any  new  connection), an  established
connection will just work fine.
--
BOFH excuse #305:
IRQ-problems with the Un-Interruptable-Power-Supply