List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] adding a keepalived slave causes problems.
From:       Graeme Fowler <graeme () graemef ! net>
Date:       2006-01-31 15:34:23

Hi

On Tue 31 Jan 2006 15:24:28 GMT , Richard Scott <r.scott@har.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:
> I did try marking packets on Director2 with a different fwmark to
> Director1 but it seemed to overwrite the existing fwmark and that put
> us back at the same black hole problem ;-(

Aha. Yes indeed, I can see that - you'd have to do something like:

iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp -s 0/0 \
  -d $VIP --dport $PORT \
  -m mark --mark !0x1 \
  -j MARK --set-mark 0x11

or something equally <ahem> "elegant". I'm not 100% convinced that you
can do negation like that with the mark match module, but that's the
semantics for the other modules which allow negation so it might work.
If you're lucky.

Graeme