List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] can't get make file to run
From:       "Vince W." <listacct1 () lvwnet ! com>
Date:       2006-01-22 14:07:23

Mike Lynn wrote:
> Does anyone know why is would do this?
>
> I ran this for config
>
> ./configure --with-kernel-dir=/usr/src/kernels/2.6.14-1.1653_FC4-i686
>
> which gets me this - seems ok (without kernel dir it errors on no IPVS)
>
> Keepalived configuration

Mike please see the post thread I started a couple weeks ago titled
"compile problem on Fedora Core 4 due to including kernel headers in
userspace".

Bottom line is this:

Well I have found the answer, right inside the keepalived.spec file
provided in the source tarball.  I haven't used that .spec file in a
while since I use my own, but apparently this issue is what adding
-D__KERNGLUE__ to the CFLAGS takes care of.  I added this to the CFLAGS
in my .spec file and it compiles happily now.