On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Victor [iso-8859-1] R=F6der wrote: > first of all: after I've downloaded the changes of Matthias there were st= ill > some contradictions with the moc file includes. But this time my Makefile= s > were responsible for that. Therefore I changed them by hand :-|. Hmmm, ma= ybe > other people have "wrong" Makefiles, too and get into troubles when > compiling. Is there a chance to get the "right" Makefiles into CVS? ( I d= on't > know if they are there already, but if, why did I have the "wrong ones"?) I guess you will have to do a "make clean; make force-reedit" in that directories. > > could someone help me understand, why this is the actual method handlin= g > > with moc files? > > *Method A: The class declaration is found in a header (.h) file* > > (the Makefile-method) > > and > > *Method B: The class declaration is found in an implementation ( .cpp) > > file* (the #include-method) > > As mentioned there are two methods: the first one compiles the moc(.cpp) > files and the cpp files separated and the second one includes the moc fil= e > into the matching cpp file and compiles only the cpp files. And not the m= oc > files und cpp files separated. Yes, these are the two ways that are in use. There are very good arguments to include the moc files: a) It is faster to compile, as the compiler has to parse the header file only once. b) The code size is (allegedly :) smaller c) You can build more than one target in a directory So it is a good idea to include the mocs instead of using the moc.cpp approach. Thanks, Matthias. - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-devel-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«