List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Editor interfaces
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2001-05-29 10:24:55

Hi all,

you will know that I have been working on improved editor interfaces for a
while now. My original plan was to make them functionally equivalent to the
one that is currently in use, and than to ask you to switch to the new ones.

However, with more and more development going on, it gets harder to do this.
New code added with the old interface in mind has to be ported, merging
conflicts is tedious etc. etc.

Because of that, I would like to propose to switch to the new interface model
now, and to fix the open issues later. The current state is usable, you
hardly notice that something changed. Here is a list of known shortcomings:

o the RMB menu isn't implemented yet (easy)
o multiple views aren't supported yet (medium)
o only two implementations for the editor part exist (fun :)
o with Bernd's new scripting framework, the interfaces
   cry for being DCOP'ed (easy)

What do you think? If noone objects, I would switch during the week, and
hopefully fix most of the issues until next week.

Bye,
Matthias.

--
    /  ___/__/  /                   Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-devel-request@kdevelop.org \
with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«