List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Editor interfaces
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2001-05-29 10:24:55

Hi all,

you will know that I have been working on improved editor interfaces for a
while now. My original plan was to make them functionally equivalent to the \
 one that is currently in use, and than to ask you to switch to the new \
ones.

However, with more and more development going on, it gets harder to do \
this.  New code added with the old interface in mind has to be ported, \
merging  conflicts is tedious etc. etc.

Because of that, I would like to propose to switch to the new interface \
model  now, and to fix the open issues later. The current state is usable, \
you  hardly notice that something changed. Here is a list of known \
shortcomings:

o the RMB menu isn't implemented yet (easy)
o multiple views aren't supported yet (medium)
o only two implementations for the editor part exist (fun :)
o with Bernd's new scripting framework, the interfaces
   cry for being DCOP'ed (easy)

What do you think? If noone objects, I would switch during the week, and
hopefully fix most of the issues until next week.

Bye,
Matthias.

--
    /  ___/__/  /                   Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to \
kdevelop-devel-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe \
»your-email-address«