List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Building a library and executable with 300 C++ files.
From:       Michael George Hart <michael.george.hart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-29 23:48:53

Hmm...... did I say all the files were in one directory or did I say I have 300 plus \
files used to build executables and libraries? Hmmmm..

We'll that was not the point of bringing any this to your attention. What I am trying \
to bring to your attention is there are a class of softer developers who do not care \
about knowing extraneous stuff like build systems. What they care about is writing \
and testing their software models without distractions such as a build system. The \
prior kdevelop3, vs, eclipse, java bean etc don't seem to have the kdevelop4 build \
system distractions; you simply add files build, run, debug and install

The problem is that most of you guys out know each other and probably all talk on the \
same forums so when you talk to each other it's like bouncing ideas off yourselves. \
So when an outsider comes and tells you have created something technically superior \
but on a whole useless to the average developers who simply wants to build a software \
model and install it into some default location it would be a good idea to take notes \

Sent from my iPad